Our Forensics Department is seeking structural engineers/architects with a minimum of five years’ experience in design and/or building investigations and a professional engineering/architecture license who enjoy a variety of field and office assignments.
Although the focus will be on forensic engineering assignments, a background in design will be extremely helpful. The primary areas of competence and responsibility will be field work, such as assessments of buildings (performing detailed inspections, taking notes and photographs) and then preparing written reports.
The following skills would also be helpful: litigation experience; experience with structural analysis software; probable costing and/or reserve studies; technical knowledge of waterproofing, curtain walls, window systems, facades, and roofing (such as HAAG certification); and familiarity with AutoCAD/Revit.
- B.S. in architecture and/or civil engineering.
- Current Professional Engineering/Architecture license or in process of obtaining registration.
- Five+ years of experience in building engineering design and/or evaluations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to carry 50 - 100 lb. ladder.
- Be comfortable walking on sloped roofs.
- Ability to obtain clear background checks.
This position will require you to work independently and as part of a team, so we need very good communicators who are able to multi-task and work well with others.