This is a great opportunity for a motivated Water/Wastewater Engineer to join a successful and growing firm. If you have several years of proven technical experience in planning and designing projects related to pipelines, pump stations, and treatment plants we want to hear from you!
You will be responsible for the planning, design, and coordination of (municipal) water and wastewater projects involving water and wastewater treatment facilities, conveyance systems, CSO storage systems, and pump stations. Ideally, you might also have established municipal and utility clients and be interested in business development to acquire more clients for our team.
• As part of a team, plan, design and oversee construction administration/management/observation of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure facilities.
• Facilitate meetings and communicate with the clients (prepare agendas and record minutes).
• Coordinate the work schedules and budgets of our technical staff and consultants.
• Coordinate work activities and communicate with municipalities and regulatory agencies.
• Prepare reports and permit applications.
• Lead the planning, evaluation, and selection of preferred alternatives.
• Perform conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses.
• Prepare engineering reports and supporting documents.
• Prepare construction drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
• Interpret specifications and drawings and recommend and document design modifications, where needed.
Qualifications and Preferences
• BS or MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering (focus on wastewater treatment preferred).
• Seven or more years of experience as a water/wastewater engineer designing (study, plans and specifications) municipal water and/or wastewater treatment and collection/distribution projects.
• Experience with Sewer Rehabilitation, Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) related system studies and design a plus.
• Professional Engineer License in PA or ability acquire Pennsylvania licensure via reciprocity.
• Experience designing multi-million-dollar (construction cost) wastewater capital projects.
• Experienced in hydraulic system calculations, pump stations, pressure pipelines, storm and sanitary sewer pipelines, and wastewater treatment plants.
• Ability to provide technical writing samples.
• Design knowledge of pipe materials, valves, and pumps.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Word documents, and spreadsheets.
• Interest in business development.
• Active membership and participation in water and wastewater professional associations such as PNCWA or ACWA.