Please consider Isett if you are an experienced Bridge Engineer who is looking for opportunities to grow and take the next step in your career!
Our Municipal Engineering Services department will be hiring senior and junior-level engineers and offering several opportunities for the right people to lead our new initiative.
We’ll rely on our Bridge Engineers to perform all phases of a project, such as:
• Attending interviews for new opportunities
• Preparing project proposals, contracts, reports, and specifications.
• Designing steel plate girder, prestressed concrete girder and reinforced concrete slab structures. while adhering to the project schedule and budget.
• Involvement in all phases of design, including conceptual design through engineering calculations, performing bridge sizing, structural design, seismic analysis, developing bridge plans and special provisions, estimating and construction costs, and field visits..
• Applying knowledge of the ICC building codes, ASHRAE Standards and National Fire Protection Association Standards to design projects.
• Participating in construction administration/preparation of documents/observations, as requested by the client/required by project.
• Giving guidance on development of the firm’s design standards.
• Traveling to client sites (primarily local) to conduct field visits, bridge inspections, and load ratings.
Additionally, as a member of our employee-owned team, you’ll be involved in leadership activities and actively participate in internal meetings.
Because most of our associates are involved in several projects at one time, with several team members, we need good communicators, able to multi-task, prioritize, and work well with others.
• B. S. in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Five or more years’ experience in design of steel plate girder, prestressed concrete girder and reinforced concrete slab structures.
• Professional Engineer License in PA (or ability to obtain it via reciprocity).
• Strong AutoCAD and bridge design software skills.
• Prior client and project management experience.
• Strong written and verbal communications and ability to build and maintain client relations and communicate effectively and efficiently with all team members.
• Relevant project experience in the project types listed above.