We are seeking a Grant Specialist who will actively identify grant opportunities, then pursue, develop, write, and obtain grants for clients and potential clients that require services offered by Isett. This will be a part-time position based in our Wilkes-Barre office, working approximately 15 – 20 hours per week, and three to four days per week.
- Perform “at desk” research, communicate with Client, and/or visit project sites to acquire background information necessary to write a competitive application
- Write persuasive project narrative/descriptions
- Input data into department/agency websites or PDF documents
- Communicate with Client regularly to ensure complete and consistent final applications are submitted before grant program deadlines
- Consult with project managers to establish technical scopes of work and proposal of probable costs
- Draft letters requesting support, compliance, and funding commitment for Client’s use in attaining required documentation specific to each grant program
- Facilitate the adherence of internal deadlines among Isett associates – to ensure technical documentation is acquired in a timely manner
- Review grant program guidelines and criteria and create program summary sheets in Word succinctly outlining eligibility, requirements, program priorities, and application needs
- Attend meetings, conferences, forums, and other educational venues and participate in webinars both to gain knowledge and create new contacts
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree in communications, professional writing, journalism, marketing, or a related field OR several years of experience in a similar role in the public or private sector is required
- Coursework and/or experience in parks and recreation, business, local government, or municipal planning is helpful
- Valid driver’s license for travel to clients and other offices.