Our busy M/E/P department is seeking a mechanical engineer with one to five years of experience in HVAC and Plumbing design to work on a variety of projects. Typical projects will include: Institutional; Multi-use properties; Office buildings; Educational facilities; Tenant fit-out projects. This is a wonderful opportunity to grow with us!
Because you will be involved in several projects at one time, involving several team members, we need good communicators, able to multi-task, and work well with others.
Primary responsibilities of the mechanical engineer include:
- Performing HVAC load calculations.
- Designing HVAC and Plumbing systems.
- Making Equipment selections.
- Preparation of Project Specifications.
- Knowledge of the Building Codes, ASHRAE Standards and National Fire Protection Association Standards.
- Maintaining and developing design standards.
- Preparing project proposals, contracts, reports, and specifications.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineering position include:
- B. S. in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering.
- One to five years’ experience in design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems.
- Fundamentals of Engineering/E.I.T. certification.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Knowledge/Understanding of LEED and Green Building practices
- Strong written and verbal communication, self-motivation, and leadership skills required.
- Communication skills are emphasized, as we need to work effectively as a team and relate to the client.