Our Civil Engineering/Land Development Department is searching for a Drafter/Designer to assist civil (land development) engineers on various project types, including: commercial land developments; institutional land developments (i.e., schools); residential subdivisions; and storm water analysis. The candidate will be expected to take an idea from concept to reality – to be responsible for the creation, production and completion of the entire drawing set.
Because our employees are usually involved in several projects at one time, involving numerous team members (such as project manager, engineer, and CADD technician/designer), exceptional communications skills and the ability to work well with others is essential.
Drafter/Designer duties include:
- Responsible for learning and maintaining the drafting standards as established by the
- Design Staff Supervisor.
- Maintenance and storage of drawing files for active projects on servers.
- Produce drawings (such as various topographic and survey plans) from raw survey data through the finished product under the supervision of the Survey department & entire project team.
- Work closely with project team via computer-aided design (Civil3d) to transform initial rough product designs into working documents.
- Follow established technical specifications to prepare drawings and assists in design drafting. This may include the design of plans, elevations/sections, and details
- Consult with project team and engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards.
- Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Coordinate/back-check drawing sets to ensure information is correct.
- Assist in the preparation of land development plans and correspondence with the project team, including design aspects such as site layout, grading, utility design.
- Responsible for staying current with the latest developments in CAD (Civil3d), with assistance of the Department Manager and Design Staff Supervisor.
Drafter/Designer requirements include:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD using Civil3d (preferred).
- Technical degree in drafting or related course work.
- Several years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Knowledgeable in codes and regulations and ensure that designs meet these requirements.
- Experience in land development projects a plus.
- Design experience a plus.