We will be adding an entry-level field/office position to our Lehigh Valley team. The candidate will be based out of our Lehigh Valley (Allentown, PA) office, but will be expected to commute to our other offices, as needed. In addition to performing the duties listed below, the candidate must be capable of independent work, be able to read topographic maps, site plans, and aerial photographs, and have strong writing skills.
- Perform Phase I Environmental Audits and Phase II Projects
- Perform soil profile evaluations from both soil cores and test pits
- Underground Storage Tank removal oversight, sampling, and reporting
- Hydrogeologic studies, soil sampling, supervision of monitoring well installation and sampling.
- Perform wetland identifications, delineations, and mitigation designs
- Prepare technical reports
- Permit application preparation
- Attend meetings with clients
- Communications with staff, clients, regulators
- B.S. in Geology, Soil Science, or Environmental Science
- Up to two years experience in field work/report writing
- Wetland identification and soils evaluation skills
- OSHA 40-hour certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of GIS and AutoCAD a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work extended hours (as necessary) and in various weather conditions
This position will require you to work independently and as part of a team, so we need very good communicators who are able to multi-task and work well with others.