Our busy M/E/P department is seeking a Sr. Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer with eight or more years of experience in HVAC and plumbing design to lead teams and work on a variety of projects. Project types will include: institutional, industrial, office, and multi-use properties; educational/higher education facilities; entertainment venues and hotels; healthcare facilities, and tenant fit-out projects.
We’ll rely on the Sr. Engineer to perform all phases of a project, such as:
- Attending interviews for new opportunities
- Preparing project proposals, contracts, reports, and specifications.
- Designing HVAC and plumbing systems for building projects, both new construction and renovation (using Revit), while adhering to the project schedule and budget.
- Involvement in all phases of design, including conceptual design through engineering calculations, HVAC load calculations,
- Applying knowledge of the ICC building codes, ASHRAE Standards and National Fire Protection Association Standards to design projects.
- Selecting or recommend equipment HVAC system sizing & selection, specifications,
- Participating in construction administration/preparation of documents/observations, as requested by the client/required by project.
- Giving guidance (to the department) on development of design standards.
- Reviewing shop drawings
- Traveling to client sites (primarily local) to conduct field visits.
- Developing punch lists as project closes.
- Preparing monthly invoices and closing out project.
Additionally, as a senior member of the team, you’ll be involved in leadership activities and actively participate in internal meetings. Because most of our associates are involved in several projects at one time, with several team members, we need good communicators, able to multi-task, prioritize, and work well with others.
- B. S. in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering.
- Eight or more years’ experience in design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems.
- Professional Engineer License in PA (or ability to obtain it via reciprocity).
- Strong AutoCAD and Revit MEP skills.
- Knowledge and Understanding of LEED and Green Building practices (LEED certification is a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Relevant project experience in a variety of the project types listed above.