Our Forensic Engineering Department is searching for a Professional Engineer or Architect with approximately eight to ten years’ experience in building envelope engineering/design who enjoys a variety of field and office assignments. For this position, a background in building envelope design is an essential prerequisite along with a technical knowledge of waterproofing, curtain walls, window systems, and cladding and roofing systems. HAAG certification and building envelope certifications are preferred.
These team members focus on the investigation of buildings and structures that are failing or aging. The primary areas of competence and responsibility will be field work, such as assessments of buildings (performing detailed inspections, taking notes and photographs); preparing written reports; and preparing designs and drawings for repairs. Additionally, this position will require you to work independently and as part of a team, so we need very good communicators who are able to multi-task and work well with others.
The following skills would also be helpful: litigation experience; experience with structural analysis software; probable costing and/or reserve studies; and familiarity with AutoCAD/Revit.
• B.S. in Civil, Structural, Materials Science, Architecture, or related engineering;
• Current Professional Engineering or Architecture license in PA, NJ, DE, MD (or ability to obtain it)
• Minimum eight years of experience in building envelope engineering design and/or evaluations;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the complete building envelope system including roofing, waterproofing, and cladding systems required.
• Experience with forensic investigation, remedial repairs and design, and building enclosure commissioning are a plus.
• Valid driver’s license;
• Ability to carry 50 - 100 lb. ladder;
• Be comfortable walking on sloped roofs
• Ability to obtain PA Act 34, 114, and 151 Clearances.