Barry E. Isett, P.E., P.L.S., F.NSPE | Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
Barry E. Isett founded Barry Isett & Associates, Inc. (BIA) in 1977, in Trexlertown (suburban Allentown, PA) to provide civil and structural engineering and surveying services. In the years since, he has grown the company into a highly regarded multi-disciplinary firm serving a broad range of public and private sector clients. Our disciplines also now include: mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering, environmental services, municipal engineering, landscape architecture, planning, grant writing, transportation engineering, code services, water and waste water engineering, construction services, and the development of geographic information systems.
Barry's professional experience includes many different areas in the industry. Prior to founding his firm, he worked as a chief structural/civil engineer, project manager, and field engineer. He also served as an officer in the U.S. Navy Corps of Engineers, where his responsibilities included construction assignments with the Seabees and Facilities Management in the Public Works Division.
A Fellow Grade member of the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), he is a former vice president of the Northeast Region of NSPE and previously served as the president of the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers (PSPE) and the Pennsylvania chairman of Pennsylvania Engineers in Private Practice (PEPP).
- B.S., Civil Engineering, 1958, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., Civil Engineering, 1972, Villanova University
- 1964, PA, Land Surveyor and Professional Engineer
- 1978, NJ, Professional Engineer
- 1987, DE, Professional Engineer
- 1992, MD, Professional Engineer
- 1994, OH, Professional Engineer
- 2000, VA, Professional Engineer
- 2001, TX, Professional Engineer
- 2002, WV, Professional Engineer
- 2002, NC, Professional Engineer
- 2003, NY, Professional Engineer
- 2003, FL, Professional Engineer
- Past President, Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers
- Former State Chairman, Professional Engineers in Private Practice
- Past President, L.V. Chapter of Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers
- Member: National Society of Professional Engineers, American Society of Civil Engineers, and American Consulting Engineers Council.
- Engineer of the Year, 1989, PSPE - Lehigh Valley Chapter
- Community Spirit, 2001, Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal
- PSPE-PEPP Professional Development Award
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Alumnus, 2007, Pennsylvania State University
Kevin T. Campbell, P.E., LEED AP | President and Chief Operating Officer
Kevin joined BIA in 2005, after an extensive 21-year career in the optoelectronics industry. With an educational background that includes a B.S. degree in metallurgical engineering from Penn State, and masters degrees in electrical engineering and business administration from Lehigh University, Kevin brings to BIA a unique perspective that is both technical and business operations focused. Having spent his career in a much larger corporate environment, Kevin has also been able to bring the positive aspects of that world to BIA, while allowing us to maintain our traditional family culture.
Kevin works in concert with department managers, monitoring workload, staffing, and resources. Along with other members of the executive team, he provides fiscal oversight and establishes and reviews business markets, services, and practices. He frequently interacts with clients in his role, to provide quality control and quality assurance, often serving as Principal in Charge for large scale and high profile projects.
Beyond the office, Kevin leads an active professional life. As a LEED accredited professional and Chair of the Lehigh Valley Branch of the Delaware Valley Green Building Council, Kevin is helping to promote sustainable engineering practices not only at BIA, but throughout the region. He is President of the Lehigh Valley Chapter of the PA Society of Professional Engineers and coordinator of the annual Mathcounts competition which attracts over 200 middle school “mathletes” from a four-county region. Kevin also serves on the Lehigh Economic Assistance Program Board which pre‐approves loan applicants for the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority, a financing program administered by Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation. Kevin also enjoys playing piano, golf and cycling.
- M.B.A., 1994, Lehigh University
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, 1989, Lehigh University
- B.S., Metallurgical Engineering,1984, Penn State University
Professional Societies/Community Service:
- PSPE Lehigh Valley Chapter – President and MathCounts Coordinator
- US Green Building Council, Lehigh Valley Branch-Delaware Valley Green Building Council-CHAIR