Delaware Valley team will be collecting items in support of an organization that is just a few miles from our office. The Phoenixville Area Community Services (PACS) supports individuals in Phoenixville Borough, Schuylkill Township, East Pikeland Township, West Pikeland Township, Mont Clare, Oaks.
In addition to offering a food pantry and a referral service, PACS provides much-needed items that are not eligible to be purchased with SNAP benefits.
Our team will be focusing on collecting non-food items. They include: diapers, household cleaning products, feminine sanitary products, toilet paper, paper towels, soap, deodorant, shampoo/conditioner and pet food.
Some facts from PACS in their 2019-2020 Fiscal Year Annual Report:
- 7x Increase in our food support to other agencies
- 5k more of our neighbors in need were served via this extra support, including veterans, children and their families, senior citizens, and the homeless
- We expanded our food recovery efforts by working with Fiorenza’s Food For Friends and Grocers Against Hunger and now recover food from Trader Joe’s, Wawa, Wegmans, Lidl, Giant and many local Phoenixville restaurants to prevent food waste in our community
- ~4k number of people PACS directly served every month
- 1.3k Thanksgiving meals provided (including turkey, sides, fruit cup, and dessert)
- +4x The amount of Christmas meals provided (turkey or ham, sides, and dessert)
How can you help?
- An Amazon Wishlist has been created with items for purchase. You may have them shipped to the DVO – 1003 Egypt Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460.
- Use the list as guidance and buy products from your local dollar store, warehouse club or retailer and deliver to the DVO.
The collection will run through the week of December 13th.